Zeta’s Coffee Tour
March 12 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am$66
Visit Wirui Estate, the only coffee plantation in the Tweed and delve into the production of coffee. This is the home of Zeta’s Coffee and Origin House farm-stay (available for bookings: www.zetascoffee.com.au).
On arrival you will be welcomed with coffee and cake and a spectacular view of the region and the plantation. Zeta’s Coffee sits in the McPherson Ranges facing north to the Gold Coast.
The plantation has been producing award winning coffee since 1994. You will be taken on the tour by Zeta who has been an artisan roaster for more than 20 years as well as a coffee judge at the Sydney Royal Show and Australian International Coffee Awards. The Australian coffee industry has been her passion during this time so she is uniquely placed to take you on this tour.
During the tour you will experience:
- Coffee and cake on arrival
- Display and discussion of K7 Arabica trees, their stages of growth and pruning requirements
- History of the plantation and the sub-tropical industry in Australia
- Discussion/demonstration of:
- bean development
- nutritional requirements
- harvest, types/timing
- processing, clean washed and naturals
- Coffee Tasting – a cellar door experience
A tasting of 2 single origin coffees exploring the differing characteristics.
- Tour of Origin House, our farmstay on the property, (if available)